What is a Youth Life Coach?
As a life coach, I will help Youth and young Adults deal with issues on an individual basis and determine the proper strategy for their needs. I will help Youth and Young Adults navigate the often difficult transition from teenager to adult. I will support their discovery of self and the vision for their life. In our coaching sessions, we focus on developing strengths and use creative tools and strategies to help youth and young adults face challenges and obstacles with confidence. Clients will learn how to make empowering decisions with a focus on their positive and successful future.
Life coaches are instrumental in helping others achieve their goals and dreams.
"How it Works"
Coaching sessions are 35-45 minutes each and can be held in person, by phone, or via Google Hangout. As a coach, I am a facilitator of the youth needs and desires for each session. I provide the support to achieve long-term goals by holding them accountable to “life-work” (weekly action items and exercises) but also remain flexible enough to address areas of concern or challenges occurring in their daily lives.
Common Coaching Topics
- Stress and Academic Pressure
- Confusion about Direction and Future
- Sex, Dating, and the Hooking Up Culture
- Parent/Youth Communication
- Managing Technology and Social Media
- Decision making and peer pressure (drugs, alcohol, etc)
- Drama and Friendship Challenges
- Body Image and Self-Acceptance
- And much, much more!